Friday, February 8, 2013

"When gaming becomes a lifestyle"

The title is really revealing the story itself , most of the people in the gaming world might even feel a sudden urge to really just yell out: "Gaming FTW! CoD beats Battlefield!" etc. You got so much examples even those two i've just said made a snowball into an avalanche in your head; "what console is better" and useless discussions like that, just admit it!

What they dont really think about is how actually gaming "ruins" some people as well as giving them a "job", earning them some money. Sure, you got a bunch of people who is having a healthy relationship with their hobbies, but you do have those who just wish to live in the gaming world, which is strangely addictive I must say.

Let's give you some examples on games you can "earn money" from Tournaments:





Counter Strike. (FPS) How this game got so popular, even 14 years later people still play it. Tournaments still going where the grand prize is money, yes, real money.








Starcraft (I and II) (Strategy)
Oh this one is a treat for the ones who loves to zerg the enemies! This one is one of the "hot topic" in the ESL (Electronic sports league) of strategy.





League of Legends (MOBA)
Aah, the good old Map on Warcraft III, the "father" of this game is called DoTa and was really a breathtaking consept when it first came out. Now there is plenty of "children" (if you want to call them that.) of this genre, but the one really popular is LoL with all the Tournaments going on.




Bear in mind there is alot of other games aswell that you can make a "lifetime job" out of, but I can't really hunt all of them down.

Another way to earn money is Let's play's and First impressions:





Total Biscuit: This genious, horrible at puzzles, straight forward and gives a good reason why certain games is good and bad (bear in mind, this does NOT make him a GOD to decide what you need to buy), everyone has an opinion about him and it's not always as good as the next one thinks. Thanks to him most of the gamers in the world get's a first impressions of games so they can decide themselves over a gameplay, rather than buying the whole game and gamble.


Jesse Cox: Truth be told he's one of the funny guys in the 
gaming world, he's a good voice actor in my opinion and really good at living into the games he plays, and even the roles of the voices. Let's not forget the Loremaster he is at times!








But never forget, there is always a plus and a negative side in everything. There is some who just play... just to play, they just wishes to escape from the reality into a more magnificent fantastic magic world where you can be your own master of your own story.

Me for an example, I'm a "hardcore gamer", what does it mean? I play games, alot of games, All the time, I even played some games while I wrote this post. I play games while I eat, I play games while I walk and so on, let's not be too detailed on it. 

But when I play, I play to win, I play to have a good time. I play To be the best. I spend my own time on it and damn it I will spend it wisely!



P.S. Since this is my first "blog attemt" be gentle! I will try to relate more to certain games, even make a small "review". But all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment