Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Battlefield 4 - Part 1 - The Multiplayer/Battlelog

Trying my best to keep it scheduled to write every now and then, kinda hard when the Christmas spirit is biting my arse off. Aka - I'm celebrating Christmas alone with my GF this year, which means I need to prepare food and all that sorts of things for me and my lady! because: (insert joke about women should be in the kitchen here).

SO I'm a bit late out about Battlefield 4 and stuff, but I have been playing it! ...alot... HELL! ALL THE TIME!

























The thing about Battlefield 4 is the levelution. DICE  hyped up as hell and truth be told, it's FRIGGING AWESOME! They did not disappoint at all! Watching the skyscraper fall in Siege of Shanghai or make the water flood the whole map on  "Flood Zone", is really gamechanging. It really is!

BUT! The biggest mistake they did was releasing it too early.

"Why?" you ask?

Let me inform you then! 
When Battlefield 4 first was released it was a huge amount of crashes, mostly on mulitplayer servers, but also sometimes on singleplayer as well (rare as hell!). but back to the multiplayer bit, it wasn't the greatest moment of Battlefield, it was horrible... If you've been playing for a while and started unlocking things in that game and then crashed. You've lost it all, every damn thing! 

It has happened so many times for me in the early release of BF4. Thankfully they have fixed it now and it is all good and dandy! NOPE! er.... well the part of where you keep your progress is fixed, but the crashing, nope, nope and yet again nope! it's better, but not quite there yet. I often crash on Siege of Shanghai, especially when the skyscraper falls, or if i shoot/blow up stuff at the same time something else explodes at the same time.


Nevertheless, let's go forth and onto the battlelog!



The Battlelog



Profile:

The battlelog is the pretty standard one from BF3, but it still something much more... well, nicer! something more fluid. 

I feel comfortable using it, compared to the battlelog for BF3. I have no idea what they've really done to the thing, but it seems like they have been fixing things

In the profile site you have the basic; Battle feed and Game Activity shows you the rewards and your promoted battle Feeds.





Which means: your favorite games. So if you like your K/D on one game, you can post it so everyone can see how good you did! or if you were the best support/class!



Emblem Customization:

The Artsy part of me is giggling when I'm at this page. Why?
Because I can create whatever I want and I can force it to the face of the enemies I kill, how isn't that awesome?!  

Alas... You can only have max of 20 layers (40 if you got premium). And another bad thing is: The-less-creative-childish-players, The-dumb-imbeciles-who-just-make-it-shits'n'giggles-players. The.... sigh... you get my point.


(P.S. They have added so you can share your emblem with the world or just friends)

The thing I hate is the damn players having an emblem of a dick or something else... personal. worst thing is, they are so crappy and cheesy made it really hurts my "artsy" eyes! 




The Missions:

The Missions are just there to pretty much make you compete against your friends. by being the best Squad player, Vehicle Destroyer, Handgun Expert, Killing machine, Best (Class)

And you can give them several attempts or just 1 time. Timed or when everyone have done their turns.

The reward is sooner or later getting the Dogtags (18 in total) so you can brag about the missions you've done.

There is nothing much else to say about this site, I'd say it's just a "bonus" thing they've added.








Server Browser:

The BF4 Server Browers is so much better than the BF3 one, Why? well because there is order in the filters, not randomly shitting around like it was earlier. And I got to say, why does it look so NICE?! I have no clue!

Again! back to the browser. The good thing about it is how they've systematically made tabs for if you want to find a server, or just quick join one. Checking out your favorite or the history of the servers you've been on.

Adding friends into a group chat will "force" you all to join the same server, way better than they did in BF3.

Quick info:
-They've also added 5 man squad, an increase by 1 from BF3 which REALLY,REALLY helps alot!
-Commander is back, OH YEAH! really helps having a commander on the team, if the team really work with him... that is... ugh... the horrid flashbacks.


Short Summary

Despite the problem they had earlier with the client crashes, They have really learned from their mistakes, and that's good! Keep it up, and I might start loving this game.I do LIKE it, but the differences between the servers are too severe. By that I mean there is a BIG difference between 15-35 ping and 45+ ping, 100+ is so random you might as well just play Roulette, or RUSSIAN roulette.

Not only that but it feels like it's a big difference between the server hosts as well. Some are so crappy it's no use playing on that server. Then again, there are servers that are working like a charm.

My recommendations: Play with friends, lots o' them. go together, and last but not least; Pwn them noobs as a team!


Next part will be a tiny bit about the Singleplayer/multiplayer modes.

KEEP ON GAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment