Monday, February 3, 2014

Let's play entertainer: Markiplier

Yeah yeah I know, I've been promising so much, but once again... things are coming up in real life again. barely have time to do anything anymore! I barely have time to look at the wall!

Today's post won't be much about games, more about gaming, and the entertainment of Let's players.

I want to talk about one that comes "dear" to me, by that I mean I don't know him in person but rather by his YouTube and charity streams over the past months. I've seen him grow from 3K to almost 1,5 million subs (as i write).  

My Girlfriend introduced me to this YouTuber, after several attempts to make me like him, i finally "fell in love" with this guy after a couple of videos. He understood the meaning of gaming and entertaining, he tried his very best to be better at what he loved, he is the reason why I keep on training on drawing and sometimes just to have more fun playing rather than "play hard, play good".


His name is: Markiplier




Markiplier, or Mark as he is named in the living realm, is a YouTuber who primarily uploads gameplay, or playthroughs of different video games. he has over 1,400,000 subscribers, and makes a milestone video every 100,000 subscribers (or so) he gets, to show his gratitude. He is most known for playing 'Slender', 'SCP: Containment Breach', ' Drunk Minecraft', 'Cry Of Fear', ' Amnesia Custom Stories' and 'Happy Wheels Highlights'.


First time you See Mark's FACE!

'Cry of Fear' Is one of mark's earliest playthrough, which is also the most popular, this horror game video features a Markiplier face cam, so you could see him Cry Of Fear (Get it?!) GO WATCH IT NOAW! 


One of the important Videos I want to recommend is the "Draw My Life - Markiplier" to get a deeper understanding and feeling for this bloke. After I watched that I felt more and more for Mark on why he wanted to entertain and his willpower to continue. He Takes constructive criticism Seriously (as in trying to make it even better.) and Mark wants the best for his viewers.


Now for the personal bit:


Seeing Mark Play makes me smile every damn time, even if it's a game i don't care about. It's just all about his emotions and reactions that keep me watching. Seeing how he can ignore certain items that he needs which is right in front of me doesn't make me think: "oh god mark, you're such an idiot, if you keep on doing that I'll unsubscribe." but rather: "Lol, you're so stressed about that monster behind you, you totally forgot to check for the key/oil/IMPORTANT ITEM right in front of your nose!"


Not only that, but he joined YouTube May 26, 2012. He had a slow grow on the subscribers, but suddenly, Half a year ago (around Aug/Sep 2013) a sudden BURST of growth on his channel, before we knew it, he had 1 million subscribers (Oct 30, 2013) He made even a deep gratitude video, just to see the sparks in his eyes in the 1 million subscribers video  makes me believe in him. I see a spark of hope.


Markiplier haven't just entertained me several hours with his whimsical behaviour, fear, laughter and rage. He has also inspired me to keep on going, no matter what, No matter how hard it is, keep going. His charity livestreams even gave me faith in humanity, allthough I feel bad for not having any money to help out on it. If Mark is reading this one day (HELLO MARK!) I'd like to say one thing:
Thank you. Thank you for showing me there is still hope even if you ram your head into the wall over and over again, no matter what it is. It Doesn't matter if it's work, school, Drawing, gaming or writing. It Doesn't matter as long as you love doing it, the difficult parts in life can easily be ignored or even survivable if you just do what you love.  I will try my best, even if I fail several times. You haven't told us much about yourself, but still it feels like we know you. You are the motivation and inspiration for my creativity when it comes to drawing and writing. hopefully one day we may meet!



As Markiplier would say:
"I Will See You.... In the next video. BYE BYEEE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment